Once again, Pantone has announced their color of the year! Last year we shared a few helpful ways to incorporate the 2014 hue, so here are some tips for incorporating this year’s shade, Marsala, with your home’s carpet, tile, linoleum or hardwood flooring.
But first, are you curious why Marsala was chosen this year? As Pantone explains, “The rich and full-bodied red-brown Marsala brings color warmth into home interiors…The impactful, full-bodied qualities of Marsala make for an elegant, grounded statement color when used on its own or as a strong accent to many other colors.”
How to Incorporate Marsala with Flooring
Marsala is a natural fit throughout the home. Although you can find a lot of decor in this red hue, it’s important to note all the ways it can be used in conjunction with hardwood flooring.
- Because it’s thought that red stimulates the appetite, Marsala is a great fit for the kitchen. Common kitchen materials like tile and linoleum lend themselves to this color. Consider adding an artistic design to your floors.
- The bathroom is another great place to add Marsala to your flooring. In addition to creating a floor design that makes a statement, you can tie it into other areas of your room such as the tile in your shower.
- Antique Persian rugs are as timeless as hardwood flooring. Conveniently, Marsala is a common base color in traditional area rugs.
- Looking for something less traditional? Modern Marsala area rugs are perfect for living rooms, dining rooms and offices.
- Another option to consider is adding a Marsala carpet to your home. In addition to a carpet of just this color, there are a lot of rugs that use this hue as part of a stunning design.
Do you plan to incorporate Marsala into your home this year? Share your ideas in the comments below!
Also, if you have any questions about floors, make sure you stop by our showroom to talk to our experts. They can answer questions about everything from carpet and tile to linoleum and hardwood flooring. Make sure you contact us for a free in-home estimate today, too!